Wednesday 27 July 2016

Andy's Lollipop




Today, I'm all about you
Who else could it be?
While I was his candy
You were Andy's lollipop
Like a flower in it's time of bloom
You left at your peak
Oh! Never shall we see a groom
Not now, not ever for you
Such beauty vanished
An experience ever dreaded

An embodiment of beauty
Many marvel at your beauty
An angel indeed
She'd win a contest, they say
Are you telling me, I say
She must be turning heads at the moment    
In her grave? Or in decay?
Always dismayed you're not alive
If only one could be spared for beauty
But no, it's never so
Vanity, the bible says so


Never to toy with anyone
I learnt from losing you
The only sister I had
Since our golden baby left
Years gone by 
Yet you remain fresh in my heart
Only teary and full of regrets
For all the unnecessary conflicts
But that never makes a change
To say I miss you is child's play

Many had claimed we look alike
I myself have seen a bit
Pictures purporting a semblance
Not so glaring but in existence
A sister with peculiar flaws

Just as all humans are
Despite this, all confess
At first sight what a beauty!
Your beautiful laughter
Tall and slender, a model
Never walked the runway, tho
Lowly and humble character
Mischievous schemes and smile
They all just made you Utibe


Words fail me Sister
Alas, I must speak
It was never a competition
I should've realized same in love
Never about who did or didn't do what
Family should not be judged
The way I did is what I mean
All I needed to do was accept
Love and appreciate in truth
That I failed I don't understand
We learn from mistakes I see
Daily wishing I never made this one

I see you in my memories
Picking a fight
Preparing sweet things
Even in the absence of a party
Laughing hard at our childishness
Singing cheerfully doing house chores
Kicking me with your long legs
Just lying down and fiddling with your phone
Having some girl talk
I miss you Andy's lollipop
Holding unto this hope
To meet at the resurrection

5 Comments:

At 27 July 2016 at 09:06 , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful!we miss her

 
At 27 July 2016 at 21:18 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be an angel indeed, may her soul rest in peace.

 
At 27 July 2016 at 22:58 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow...this is touching. May her soul rest in peace.

 
At 28 July 2016 at 08:00 , Blogger Shakebody said...

Utibe as u fondly called in class, it is still like a dream to me most especially because you were my baddoo in class. I miss the qurrel we use to have in class wat memories hmmmmmm 4yrs is has gone by but your memories still remain fresh keep resting on in the bossom of the almighty..... I can't forget ur height it was a bomb to everyone in class.... And I can vividly remember that day in school I used my head on yours just to tap in your blessings of getting taller and you said AMEN to it wat a wonderful memory...

 
At 28 July 2016 at 10:11 , Blogger myraclebee said...

Wooooooow...
Its four years already!!!
You were a schoolmom one can never forget.
An epitome of regal beauty.
Senior utibe...
You won't ever be forgotten.
Never.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home