Monday 5 September 2016

I'm lovestruck and just can't help it!


I'm lovestruck! Yes, you read right. Hardly would you see a young lady come out to boldly tell you she's lovestruck, except she's unable to keep it within or just out to brag. However, on the day of the engagement, where she wants to show off the size and beauty of the stone on her ring, she flaunts the feelings she has kept hidden, relentlessly. Sadly, some of such engagements are still broken without resulting in marriage as expected, while some just stop being 'struck' by the love and go their separate ways.

Let me let you in on my secret. This man whose love has enveloped me is just awesome all round: so loving, tender, kind, gentle, understanding, caring, patient, forgiving, and so much more. I don't even know how to express his love. He loves me just as I am, no pretense whatsoever. He sweeps me off my feet. I never thought I could meet such a true lover. 

We began a relationship on 1st March, 2009, so I'm not mincing words when I say I've known him for so long. Despite this, he constantly surprises and pampers me beyond my understanding. He met me in a different way this time and gave me his warm embrace. Oh! How awesome I felt. He just loves me so much.

Within, I was pretty much messed up and had bottled up so much anger, bitterness, pain and hatred and couldn't express anything other than that until he visited me again. He held me in his arms and gently spoke to me to forgive all that had aught against me. He held me close and I felt the intensity of his love such that the shy, reserved girl in me didn't care who was watching or not watching. I basked in that moment, but I noticed that his love filled me and I longed to love like him.

Earnestly speaking, he touches me in the most amazing manner, wipes my tears, provides for me, listens to my groanings and never brings me down but, always leads me away from danger. Sometimes, I'm reluctant and make mistakes but, he loves me so much and forgives me, though he needs me to stop making those mistakes because he wants to be pleased in all I do. My mistake doesn't change the way he sees me, imagine that!!!

My lover is so powerful, yet gentle [imagine the contrast]. That doesn't change or affect anything, my dear. Ever heard of the perfect guy? That's just who he is; a combination of every quality you have on your list for the right lover, in all the right quantities. I'm dumbfounded by what he does to and for me.

I can go on and on listing how sweet he's been, but let me leave it there so you don't get jealous of me. He gave and still gives me reasons to smile. Sometimes, people watch me smile at myself and wonder what's wrong. Wonder no more, I'm in love. I'm in love with JESUS. Yes, Jesus Christ; my lover, my father, my king, my saviour, my friend and my everything.

You may wonder why I went through all the 'stress'. Oh trust me, every letter is worth it and I'm too glad He loves me to consider it stress to tell the whole world. He reminded me to expose our love relationship by showing love to people I come across. He also said I shouldn't only love those who love me after all, even the 'pharisees' do the same. 

Do you think you can love by your own self and are deciding to love with all that is within you? You should reconsider because without God, you can do nothing. So, you need to ask GOD for the grace and ability to love and only then can you bless and pray for those who curse and despisefully use you. 

You truly need to meet my lover, so that you can also show boldly that you're lovestruck and people will get jealous of you too. There's no separation or divorce in Him and He loves unconditionally. Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! I'm lovestruck and just can't help it, please.



1 Comments:

At 5 September 2016 at 14:34 , Blogger Mbiata Inyang said...

Bold, interesting and true. Great post

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home