Thursday 15 September 2016

Put on Self Control!




Journeying through life, I've had to deal with moments of frustration/anger and sometimes, I've seen myself not only flare up within but, vent it out on someone else  in various manners such as: "How dare you talk to me?" "Have you ever been treated that way?" "Don't even say it! You understand no part of what I'm going through!" "Keep your suggestions to yourself!" "Who asked you?"

Assuredly,  I can't be the only 'victim' of this 'drama' but, that doesn't make it right. Or, do you think it's okay to 'express yourself' at an innocent person's expense because everyone around you does so? It's mean, seeing that recepients of such actions end up sad and dampened because it beats their imagination that they were misunderstood/embarrassed in such a manner.

Get over yourself! Everyone has got struggles which make them feel irritable and full of agitations but they're able to 'put them under subjection' in a bid to live in peace and be a source of encouragement to someone else who draws strength from them. Why don't you try to do same, despite your situation?

If you're sincere, you'd agree that people have been there before and if they could go through it without being a source of agony to others, then you can do so too. Politely excuse yourself from a group and sort yourself, if need be. Don't transfer aggression on anyone rather, take a deep breath and hold your peace till you're calm and can speak to people around you without giving them a scare.

Self control is a necessary part of your life, do not neglect it. Always bear in mind that people around you also have various 'problems' plaguing their minds which they have not unleashed on people through their attitude because they're in control of their emotions. They don't need you to come into the picture with your share of 'problems' and disorganise them some more.

On the other hand, people around you may actually have a hand in what you're going through and you believe that they deserve whatever you want to unleash upon them. It is wise for you to stop and ask yourself the consequences of the step you are about to take. Will you like it? Will it speak well of you? Give yourself the answer and act accordingly.

Like I earlier said, I've had to deal with these moments but, I've learnt in recent times to obey the command: "Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you - Psalm 55:22 (HNV)" rather than vent my frustration on a fellow man. Also, I've decided to be a pillar of strength and hope to my fellowman, despite my emotions. God help me! Join me friend, put on self control and watch it do you a world of good!

1 Comments:

At 17 September 2016 at 03:27 , Blogger myraclebee said...

Hmmmmm...
Word!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home