Monday 12 September 2016

How about right now?


Many a times, you and I have decided to do 'it' later rather than right now. Sometimes, doing it later may cost you nothing but other times, it comes with a cost. Let me share with you a case of procastination (as it is called), which I specifically remember.

This particular instance stays fresh in my memory, like it was yesterday. Exactly 4 years today, Monday, September 12, I had the urge to place a call to a very dear person to my heart and all that came to mind was "I'll call later". It came again and I did same and the last time I had the prompt to call again, I totally ignored it and decided it's nothing seeing I'd meet the friend later.

That one cost me a great deal because I never saw or even heard from that dear friend again. My unique, friendly, supporting, responsible and awesome friend who was also my father, Enobong Umoren passed on that same day and I feel sad everyday I remember that I could've at least spoken with him for the 'last' time before his demise and I didn't, simply because I procastinated. That's just one, out of the numerous instances of procrastination I've indulged in.

For you, I don't know what it might cost you; a friend, job opportunity, your grades, dignity? You could loose anything as a result of refusing to take that step NOW. The major danger in procrastination is that you may NEVER get to do what you had in mind, or you might do it in a way that's different from what you initially intended.

Funny thing is, it might not cost you anything on many occasions, which may make you relax and keep procastinating and just when you don't expect it, disaster hits and like me, you will not like the consequences of your action.

It's not so easy to get up from your place of comfort to attend to a 'need' immediately but, doing so makes all the difference. You might not realise it, but someday you'd appreciate doing the right thing, at the right time. So, take a decision; how about you do 'it' right now, rather than "I will do it" later?



1 Comments:

At 12 September 2016 at 22:09 , Blogger myraclebee said...

Meme...
We all have been in that "I will do it later" place.
You should please stop beating yourself up and regreting.
He is in a better place hon.
God bless his soul.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home